Tuesday, April 15, 2008

perfect prom


Ever since I was a little girl, I had always dreamed of going to prom. It's like your wedding day; getting all dressed up and looking like a princess for a whole day. It's supposed to be the best time of you life. I've learned prom is very stressful though, and planning the big day out can create a lot of stress and drama. I got asked to prom this year by a senior friend, since Kennedy's prom is for seniors only unless a senior asks an underclassmen to be their date. I am very excited to go, but prom got me thinking about the pop culture of today.. We spend so much to look good! Prom is very expensive; a dress costs around 200 dollars and a tux rental comes out to be around 150 dollars. Plus shoes, getting your hair done, make-up, nails, etc. It adds up fast. Plus dinner, tickets, and flowers. Prom can blow your savings account through the roof. Since I've never been to prom, I am excited to see if all the money I spend is worth all the fun and memories I get from that night. Prom wasn't always this much money, it was a very formal dance at the end of the school year, but people didn't usually go all out like teens do today.

1 comment:

Stella Fazzari said...

the only thing I'm worried about is if the right guy will ask, I can do most of the other stuff myself, and my friend spent less than a hundread bucks on all her proms and looked absolutely auh-mazing!!
-Cami