Thursday, May 1, 2008

looking at photo essays & comics

Today on Mr. Ayers blog we were instructed to look at the links he had for slate.com (a magazine.) He wants us to look at photo essays and comics combining words and pictures to tell a story. The photo essays were very interesting. I think it's interesting that pictures can tell a story just as well as words can. My favorite photo essay he had linked was the one about the middle east war. The pictures were really good and they show what war is all about. Some of the pictures were a bit much though, I didnt like seeing all the blood in some, but I guess thats what you get for looking at pictures from a war. It looks like a professional photographer took them. I also liked the photo essay on the childrens drawings and what the children say about what they drew. It was kind-of like a story, but the pictures were the main component of the story, because without them then we wouldnt know what the kids were trying to say. I am excited to make our very own graphic essays. The hard part will be coming up with a topic that easy enough for me to draw!

No comments: