Tuesday, March 4, 2008

if were experiencing global warming, why is it snowing so much?

Global warming, isn't it suupsed to make our world warmer? So why is it snowing every other day in March still? Why is the weather so wierd? I decided to do some research on global warming to find out the facts. I

googled my question and found that Global warming and cooling cycles happen over a very long period of time. The current warming trend has been going on now for 18,000 years. What we're experiencing now in Iowa is localized weather and it's expected at this time of year. I also learned that March is actually the snowiest month. When scientists talk about global warming they're looking at the whole world over long periods of time, so I guess the "big" change in temperature is happening very slowly, and not as fast as I thought it would.

Now, I'm not complaining that the temperature hasn't been rising, because I know when summer comes, the heat is going to kill. But this harsh winter, worse than any I've ever seen in my lifetime, got me thinking about this question. I guess global warming hasnt really hit us yet, but maybe it will effect our summer temps? We'll see, whenever summer gets here.

No comments: