Tuesday, April 8, 2008

my seventeenth birthday


This year I turned 17 on April 5th, which was over spring break. This was the 1st year, ever, to have my birthday on a day where we didnt have school. I usually make birthday treats for one of my classes and I'm used to people at school saying happy birthday to me and making me signs for my locker. It was weird being at home for my big day, but it was nice to sleep in and be able to do whatever I wanted and not be stuck at school half the day. For my birthday I got manicures and pedicures with my friends and then we went out to eat at genghis grill and 2 of my friends who were supposed to be in florida came home early (which I didn't know about) and surprised me and my other friends at the restaurant. My jaw dropped when I was them, so it was a good surprise and I was very happy to see them after they had been gone for so long. After dinner, we went back to my friends house and opened gifts and ate ice cream cake. It was really fun. The rest of the night wasn't planned, we just drove around and listened to music and did whatever. It was a really good birthday overall.

No comments: