Monday, May 12, 2008

technology: toooo much

This morning, as I was eating breakfast, I read an article on a family who uses their laptops to communicate with eachother. Except the kids are not included in this discussion-- just mom and dad. They said they do this so their two little boys, who looked about 10-years-old, couldn't hear what they had to say. I thought this was just plain cruel. How are you supposed to have a decent relationship with your kids if your constantly secretly messaging your spouse? How are you supposed to have a decent relationship with your spouse even? Technology has taken over our lives. Us americans are using computers, cell phones, etc. to communicate RATHER than talk face to face every day. This article in The Gazette made me so mad. I feel terrible for those kids. Now, I don't know how often the parents are on their little laptops, but if I were the kids I would intirely left out from my parents lives. The kids are probably going to less sociable when they grow up because they are used to their parents using computers to communicate rather than speaking out loud. I hope society doesn't take after this family because techonology is getting over the top these days.

No comments: