Monday, May 12, 2008

junioritis


This year has gone by incredibly fast. I can't believe we have less than 20 days left and seniors are leaving in like a week. Saturday was prom, which I went to, and I didn't think all the much about the fact that for seniors, this is like the last time to "live it up." Since I'm a junior, I wasn't all the worried about having the night be totally perfect, because there is always next year. I feel bad for seniors, even though they are the "topdogs" at Kennedy High School, they are going under A LOT of stress within the past few months. Graduation, graduation parties, trying not to slack off too much for their grades, living up the last month of their high school career, prom, etc. Everything is thrown at you at once. I know that when I'm a senior, I'm going to look back and think, "Wow it feels like yesterday when I was a freshmen." It truly does. Time goes by fast and you shouldn't waste it by doing things you're going to regret. Junioritis has hit me though, I am slacking off in a lot of my classes because the weather is getting warmer and I am doing the minimum requirement in all my classes since I know the year is almost over. I understand all the stress seniors are going through and I feel bad for them, although they do get out of school in a couple of days. I am insanely jealous :P

No comments: