Thursday, March 20, 2008

the easter bunny isn't real!?


I think of easter as a fun holiday to spend with my family. Good food, visiting with relatives, easter egg hunting, and lots of chocolate and money in the eggs is my idea of a good time. :)

I remember a long time ago, I don't remember what age I was, I saw my mom in the kitchen filling easter eggs with candy. I was shocked; I remember saying, "Mom, doesn't the easter bunny do that?" And she told me SHE was the easter bunny. I remember saying, "What! Really!?" It's funny because I would always nag my mom that there was no easter bunny and then when the secret was finally out that there really wasnt, I was mad that she told me. I wish she would have never told me, even though I wanted to know so bad, because it's fun to believe and have an imagination! And then I stood there with my mouth wide open and said, "So that means there's no Santa? Tooth Fairy? (etc.)" I was happy she finally told me the truth, but to this day, I still wish I was a kid again and believed in fairy tale creatures.

Every easter, My family and I drive to my grandparents on my dad's side of the family. I get to see all my cousins and we eat a big meal, then we look for eggs around my grandparents farm. It's fun because all the eggs are really spread out (and hard to find) since they have a huge yard and tons of things to look behind for the eggs. The eggs are usually filled with dimes, pennies, and nickels.. and each of us usually end up with about 5 dollars each. We also get big easter baskets of candy and marshmallow peeps. Oh, I forgot to mention we also get all dressed up and go to church that morning. Last year I had pink-eye on easter so I wasn't able to do anything! It was bad, I was upset. Hopefully this year's easter turns out good and we have nice, sunny, easter-y weather. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun looking for easter eggs, and going to you grandparents house!

robby

Anonymous said...

See here or here