Wednesday, March 19, 2008

you're gonna miss this


Today I was listening to a country song on the radio called, "You're gonna miss this" by Trace Adkins and it got me thinking about the past 16 years of my life. It's funny how we, as kids, always say how we can't wait to turn 14 so we can get jobs, 16 so we can drive, 18 so we can be "adults," and 21 so we can legally drink and gamble. We always want to be older, so we can have more freedom, and we like to plan our future out and think about the fun times ahead. But the truth is, in a couple years from now, we really do look back and say, "I wish I would've enjoyed my life more.. I wish I would've spent more time doing ____ or spending time with ____." It's time to take a good look around at our lives and enjoy them for as they are now, and live life without any regrets, because you truly are going to miss this. Once you get older, you wish you were a little kid again. An example I can think of is kindergarten, when I hated nap-time.. I could never fall asleep and I thought it was stupid, I wanted to play! Not sleep, jeesh! But now, as a teen, I hardly ever get any sleep and it seems like every kid in high school would love to have a nap-time. I wish I was a child again so I wouldn't have to focus all my time on school work and get outside and run around and just have fun for once. I wish those days wouldn't have gone by so fast. After hearing this song, I've decided to look at my life in a more positive way because I know that I will regret getting older and miss those times when I was young.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha very true!

robby