Monday, May 26, 2008

getting a head start on running

This fall is my last year doing cross country and I want to make it my best by training hard and making it on varsity. It's easier to say that though, then actually go through with it. Summer is the time to sleep in and be lazy and enjoy the sun. But when you want to be in shape by the time XC rolls around, you have to get up early (when its the coolest.. around 5 or 6am) and run and run and run. After getting up that early and running for an hour or two, I usually shower and head back to bed. It's hard to get up that early though and have enough energy to run that long if you were out late the night before. You have to discipline yourself and all the hardwork eventually will pay off. After XC is over I'm usually in the best shape, I should be in the best shape BEFORE the season starts, but I dont start training until like 2 weeks before the season starts, which isnt good. I should start training before school gets out, aka now. My goal, this summer, is to run 500 miles, which is on average about 5 or 6 miles a day. It's not going to be easy, but that would be amazing if I actually met my goal. I would cut atleast 2 minutes off my time. I am excited for the new season because I love the people on my team and I obviously love to run, but I am scared that I wont be on varsity for my last year at Kennedy.

No comments: